4.29.2008

Mountain lion on LAM



Today as many of you have heard, our school had a big scare. Of course my kids being as timid as they are, the mountain lion took a big toll on their lives. Taylor was the first one to tell me what had been going on. I guess her class was outside when a teacher was motioning everyone inside, yelling, "There will be a drill shortly after this message." Of course it wasn't a drill therefore she was not completely honest, as my girls mentioned to me. It's strange how they can can tell a teacher is not being honest! I guess we have taught them well!!  They all get inside, when suddenly three of her classmates come running through the door, almost knocking their teacher down. I guess they heard that there was a mountain lion on the loose. You really can never believe anything boys say so her class played it "nonchalant"! (Notice: That's one of Taylor's 'words of the day'!!) The teacher told everyone to calm down and then the announcement came on the loudspeaker. They obviously didn't want the little kids to freak out so they told the teachers to check their emails right away. So anyway the mountain lion was spotted by the McKay's house, so please, PRAY for them!! It was spotted by two of those worker guys. So for the next couple of days we will be locked in our house till they find that thing! Trust me you wont be seeing us after daylight hours! If you don't have time to read this big paragraph then see Rach's blog. Her paragraph is more condensed! Dejavous!!

4 comments:

melis said...

That is so scary! I had no idea... good thing our blog keeps me updated!

Taylor Aplanalp said...

I know! Who ever thought that there would be a mountain lion near danville!

Strawberry.Swirl said...

hey mrs. aplanalp your blog rox! I love the funny pics and the funy posts!! Hey melissa!!

tayloraplanalp@gmail.com said...

mom it really freaked me out!!!