1.21.2010

2010 Word


I'm back and really trying to honor one of my resolutions this year-blog more and blog stalk less:)

Last year, our family word was HARMONY. I loved the concept which I stole from ali edwards and other bloggers. I would have to say that posting our word in a frame on our mantel DID NOT bring more HARMONY into our abode. With three girls, there is a lot of cat fighting so maybe I should have tried reverse psychology and chosen the word DISCORD:)

I'm trying it again this year and for me I wanted to focus on having more JOY in the mundane. Finding JOY in the everyday minutia of emptying the dishwasher, doing laundry, making lunches, cooking dinner, driving to piano and waiting for an hour, driving to sporting events, participating at the kid's tennis lessons, etc. Finding JOY is a realistic goal and one that I hope will get me to focus on the true JOY in life-FAMILY:) So here we go 2010:)
I even anticipated this word because our Christmas card spelled out
J-O-Y:)

3 comments:

Monica said...

LOVE this Post!! and the Joy thing is a Great idea!!
Maybe we will have to copy you this year!!

Rach said...

Stacey? Taylor? Who is this! I love the JOY idea :) Recently, some working mother asked me what I do all day. I had to think about it and realized all I do all day is get people and things ready to "go" and clean up. Unfortunately, we don't ever really look like we are fully ready to "go" and my house is never clean. So, I guess, I'm not that productive, but thanks to this post I'm going to find joy in running circles this year :)

tayloraplanalp@gmail.com said...

Stacey, Rach!