4.09.2011

My Sweet Sadie






Sorry I haven't posted in a long time but I am coming back from Spring Break, Subbing and just the regular schedule! A big highlight for my family last year was a birth in the family. Our good friends the Kisners have a beautiful Golden Retriever named Stella. She is not too big and is very good tempered. We told them that if Stella ever had puppies, we would gladly take one off their hands. Fast forward a couple years.... and what do you know, Stella is pregnant! My girls were so excited that after countless letters and Christmas lists that they would be getting a puppy. On April 27, we got a text saying that Stella was in labor but that we couldn't see the puppies until they were ready. Throughout the whole day, texts and pictures were swapped back and forth, saying if the puppies were girls or boys, who came out first and all that stuff. A couple of days later, my family got the OK to go over to their house. I walked in and felt so blessed to see God's creations. Stella had puppies; 2 girls and 2 boys. Our Sadie was the last one to be born and the other girl was the first. I'm not going to lie but they kind of looked like rats... in a cute way though( if thats even possible!!) Every time we would go to my mom's house, we would drop by to see the pups. My husband made it very clear that we would be getting a girl dog (for the obvious reasons). So that narrowed it down to 2. Then came the hard part of naming her. The contenders; Sadie, Ruby, Quinn, Parker, and Scout( my husbands choice!:)) We all fought tooth and nail for our name to win. We all agreed on T's name, Sadie. The name Sadie is Hebrew for Princess, which is exactly what she is:) After waiting a long eight weeks, we picked her up on Father's Day. She is the sweetest but kind of crazy and can be a pain, but thats why we love her! Her birthday is coming up and I can't believe my baby is going to be one!! My whole family loves her and will agree(most of the time) that she is a perfect fit for our family!


Signature

0 comments: